Do you ever wish you could escape your problems? Just jump on a ship and sail across the ocean?
The Bible tells us to “count it all joy” when we encounter trials, but that’s hard to do when life is beating us down. It’s easier to face trials with a good attitude when we remember that they help us grow closer to God and more like Him.
Unfortunately, we’re often so busy stressing and obsessing that we miss out on both the growing and the intimacy with God.
In my new book, Rally: A Personal Growth Bible Study, we’ll slow down, take a deep breath, and spend some time visiting with God about our current struggles. He’ll help us to RALLY:
- Renew our minds.
- Ask Him for help and accept what we need to accept.
- Let go of our have-to-haves.
- Let go of “if only” and make a plan.
- Yay God! (Thank Him in all situations.)
As we develop the habit of going to God for help with the daily struggles of life, we’ll grow closer to Him, grow in maturity, and learn what it’s like to “count it all joy” when trials come.
Book Giveaway – This just ended but please read update if you commented!
UPDATE – Hi Everyone! I just drew the names for the free Rally Bible studies! Paula, Sue Stewart, and Maria Mays are the winners. I’ll be emailing all of you. If there’s more than one Paula, this Paula wrote a comment early on the first day about needing a rally in her life!
Also wanted to let you all know that I normally reply to all of the comments, but this time I was having some issues with one person not being able to turn their comments off. I’ve also noticed that all kinds of people are trying to unsubscribe from comments (the unsubscribe from comments page is listed as one of my most popular posts right now) so I’m wondering if others are having the same issue.
To be kind to any of you who are getting tons of comments filling up your email box, I won’t be replying to any comments this time as that would add another almost 200 comments to the email boxes! But I want to thank all of you SO MUCH for all of your encouraging comments. I really appreciate the encouragement!
I also felt sad to read about how many of you are going through difficult times. I’m praying God will help you through them and that this study can also be a help and that you’ll have friends and family and a church who will love you and help!
Kindle – One commenter asked if Rally is available on Kindle. The answer is yes but you may not be able to find it because it’s not connected to the paperback on Amazon yet. Here are links to both if you were looking for the Kindle:
It’s also available on Kobo and iBooks for ebooks.
Here’s a little info about the study.
- History: I first taught a one-day version of this study at my friend Tanya’s house to a bunch of teenagers. Tanya liked the questions from my I Deserve a Donut app but thought it would be nice to have one set of questions you could use to renew your mind about any situation. We brainstormed together and came up with a set of questions and an acronym to go with it: RALLY. The book I’m publishing is an expanded version of the study I taught years ago in Tanya’s living room.
- Audience: In some ways, I’ve geared this study for the college age and beyond group. I have several examples of trials for that age group. But because we all go through similar struggles, the study can be used for all ages, beginning with older teens up into older adults. It can be used as a group study or personal study.
- Renewing of the Mind Opportunities: Beginning with chapter 4, I’ll provide room for you to RALLY each week about something that’s going on in your life. My hope is that by the end of the study you’ll be so familiar with the RALLY questions that you’ll be able to use them to renew your mind on the go about any situation.
- Length: 170 pages, 8 lessons – I’ve made this book a little shorter than my other Bible studies because I wanted to have a study that would be suitable for church groups who wanted a less-intensive homework study. Each lesson should take about an hour (or a tad more) to complete, and there is only one lesson per week.
- Leader’s guide and class videos: If you’d like to download a free leader’s guide or access the resources I mentioned in the book, click here.
That’s about it! I hope you enjoy the Rally study! If you could share this post on social media, I would appreciate it!