Paul tells us in Romans 12:2 that we’re transformed by the renewing of the mind.
In this online study which begins March 2, 2015, you’ll learn how to renew your mind on a practical, day-by-day basis and what it looks like to rely on God’s strength–not your own–for something you’d like to change.
We’ll start with a small project — something you’d really like to change — and then we’ll start going to God for help with it.
Here are a few possible projects you could take on:
- Letting go of a negative emotion such as worry, insecurity, anger, or judgment.
- Stopping or controlling a habit, such as Facebook or overeating.
- Pursuing a goal (such as writing a book).
- Starting a habit, such as a daily quiet time habit.
This isn’t a traditional Bible study so you won’t have regular Bible study homework each week, but you will have renewing of the mind homework each day. It will be up to you how much time you put into it.
We’ll be exploring the following renewing of the mind tools:
- Scripture Meditation
- Truth Journaling
- Scripture Prayers using the 250+ Bible verses in the Renewing of the Mind Project
- Conversations with God about your project using the 48 sets of conversation-starter questions in The Renewing of the Mind Project
Here’s what to expect from the study:
- A weekly video from either myself or another person in the group.
- A daily discussion question or two Monday through Friday.
- Opportunities to find accountability partners.
- Encouragement from others who are working on their own projects.
- Optional Bible studies if you’d like a Bible study each week to go with your project.
Here’s what you’ll need to do the study:
- The Renewing of the Mind Project (paperback is recommended as you will use this as a resource book, but Kindle would also work).
- A Bible and a journal.
- A Facebook account: we’ll be using a closed Facebook group to set up the study. Only the members in the group will be able to see your posts.
If you’d like to join the study, I’d love to have you! To join, click on this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/331000447097806/and then make a request to join the group. This is a closed Facebook so we don’t need to be friends for you to join. I’ll be making the Facebook page look better at some point, but wanted to get this out today so you could plan ahead if you want to join. Leave a comment if you have any questions!
Forgot to say – we’ll have five classes over a span of four weeks, with three weeks of renewing the mind homework.