The renewing of the mind is a time of sweet fellowship with God where we bring our problems to Him, and He helps us see them from His perspective. Sometimes it helps to have a structure for those conversations. Here are some tools you can use to renew your mind:
Renewing of the Mind Tools
- Bible with a Purpose
- Scripture Meditation – video
- Scripture Meditation – blog post and podcast episode
- How to Diagram Scripture – This is another way to meditate on Scripture and also a great way to renew your mind!
- Scripture Prayers
- Praying with Thanksgiving
- Questions and Bible Verses: blog posts
- How to Walk in the Spirit: Parts 1 and 2
- Conversations with God: a video on how to use the questions in The Renewing of the Mind Project to renew your mind
- Truth Journaling Introduction
- How to Truth Journal
- Video on How to Truth Journal
- Truth Journaling: the List Method
- Truth Journaling Example
- More articles and examples from my old blog
- Truth Lie Chart (You can use this for truth journaling.)
- Freedom from Emotional Eating: This book has lots of examples and opportunities to practice truth journaling.
- A Good and Bad List
- Accountability Chart from the Renewing of the Mind Project: The-Renewing-of-the-Mind-Project-Accountability-Charts.2
- The explanation for chart: The-Renewing-of-the-Mind-Project-Accountability-Charts
- Word file with both explanation and chart: The Renewing of the Mind Project- Accountability Charts
- Advantages and Disadvantages Chart
- Practical Truth vs. Biblical Truth
- Truth Lie Chart
- My View and God’s View Chart
- Option Charts
- Option Chart (See above link for how to use these.)
- Option Chart (weight loss example)
- Option Charts: A Helpful Weight Loss Renewing Tool
Other Helpful Posts
- How to Renew Your Mind
- Renewing Your Mind: Advice for Beginners
- Preparation Truth: Part 1 and Part 2
- Spiritual Warfare
- 8 Questions to Ask When You Don’t Want to Renew Your Mind
- Renewing of the Mind Bible verses
- Transformation 101 – Blogs posts on the renewing of the mind and personal growth.
- How to Make Yourself Have a Quiet Time or Renew Your Mind
Renewing of the Mind Books
The Renewing of the Mind Project: This book contains 250+ Bible verses and 48 sets of questions you can use to talk to God about your habits, goals, and emotions.
I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat): This book contains 150+ Bible verses and 36 sets of questions you can use to renew your mind about weight loss.
Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating: 100 renewing exercises to help you break free from the control of food.