After publishing these studies online, I received so much feedback that I decided to write a full-length, 30-day weight loss Bible study called Taste for Truth: A 30-Day Weight Loss Bible Study. It contains expanded versions of the online studies plus 15 more studies.
I recommend you go through the whole book, if possible, as it gives the most comprehensive help for establishing and following weight loss boundaries. However, if finances are tight, I’ve kept the old Bible studies online so you can access them. Scroll down for those studies and other Christian weight loss resources.
Free Weight Loss Bible Studies
Click on links below to access Bible studies:
- Weight Loss Bible Study Day 1: Start with this one!
- Careless Eating: It’s just one bite.
- Justification Eating: There’s a good reason to break my boundaries.
- Indulgent Eating: I don’t feel like following my boundaries.
- Appearance Eating: I have to lose weight.
- Entitlement Eating: I deserve this.
- Failure Eating: I already broke my boundaries. I might as well eat.
- Holiday/Vacation Eating: It’s a holiday. Of course I’m going to eat.
- Evaluation: How are you doing? Use this worksheet to find out.
- Emotional Eating: This will make me feel better.
- “Losing Weight Is Hard” Eating: I’ll start again tomorrow.
- Hopeless Eating: I’ll never get over this. I might as well eat.
- Good Food Eating: Hey, that looks good. I should eat it.
- Bad Scale Eating: I didn’t lose weight. I might as well eat.
- Social Eating: She’s eating. I should eat.
Other Weight Loss Resources
Taste for Truth: A 30 Day Weight Loss Bible Study is focused on the lies that make us eat, body image, and the weight loss process. I wrote this Bible study to go along with the questions and Bible verses in I Deserve a Donut, and although you can do the study without I Deserve a Donut, it’s best if you have both books.
I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat) is a renewing of the mind resource to use in the midst of temptation and also to prepare yourself for temptation. I use it all the time, just for regular life. It is filled with 36 sets of questions and over 150 Bible verses that you can use to have conversations with God about life and food. The questions and Bible verses will help you renew your mind, taking off the lies that make you eat and putting on the truth that will set you free. It’s also available as a free app.
Freedom from Emotional Eating: A Weight Loss Bible Study is more focused on emotional eating. Although there is material on boundaries and breaking free from the control of food, most of the book is devoted to learning how to let go of negative emotions. The comment I get most often with this book is that yes, it helped me with eating, but it helped me even more with letting go of my negative emotions.
- Christian weight loss podcast
- I Deserve a Donut iPhone app: an emotional eating app that will help you renew your mind.
- I Deserve a Donut Android App: an emotional eating app that will help you renew your mind.
- Christian Weight Loss Pinterest Board: To follow, click on the “Follow on Pinterest” tab below. This is a collection of blog posts from myself and other authors on weight loss, fitness, and going to God for help with all of it!