How would you like to break free from that bad habit, sin, or negative emotion that has plagued you all your life? The truth is that you can – with God’s help.
Romans 12:2 tells us we’re transformed by the renewing of the mind. The renewing of the mind is just what it says: re-newing the mind (think furniture refinishing – taking off the old, putting on the new).
In this case we’re taking off the lies that fuel our negative emotions and wrong desires and putting on the truth of God’s Word. And we’re doing it in such a focused way that it actually changes our desires and behaviors.
If you’re ready to jump in and give it a try, the first step is to choose a project: something in your life you want to change.
It may be a habit, it may be an emotion such as insecurity or anxiety, or it may be a sin that’s been plaguing you forever.
Commit to renewing your mind every day about that habit, sin or emotion and watch God transform you with His truth.
To get started, click on the link below that corresponds to your project. Then go the the Renewing of the Mind Tools tab for ideas on how to renew your mind. If you’d rather have a book to walk you through the process, check out the Renewing of the Mind Project.
Renewing of the Mind Projects
- Stopping a habit or breaking free from a sin or an idol
- Starting a habit
- Pursuing a goal
- Letting go of a negative emotion such as anger, worry, or insecurity
- Losing weight
You can also find helpful blog posts corresponding to your project by clicking on the tabs at the top of the blog: lose weight, break a habit, pursue a goal, and live in peace (this is the emotions tab). Each tab has a pull down menu, so look at all the items on the menu below the tab for further help. Here are some other resources that may be helpful:
- Leader’s Guide for the Renewing of the Mind Project
- The Renewing of the Mind Project: This is the book I published in 2015 after three years of writing about the renewing of the mind on my blog. Click here for resources mentioned in the book.
- Renewing of the Mind Bible Study Series
- Example of me working through one of my own renewing of the mind projects – 4 posts on excerpts from my journal about insecurity in blogging and writing.
- Christian Couch Potatoes: Blog post about what a day in the life of a person who is working through an annoyance project might look like.
- Renewing of the Mind Tools: practical how-to blog posts with hands-on tools you can use to renew your mind.
- Christian Habits Podcast