Do you ever write New Year’s goals and then a month later, forget you ever made them? Sometimes we don’t accomplish those goals because we forget about them. But other times, we don’t achieve them because we’re relying on our own strength, and we’re not strong enough! For those types of goals, we need to go to God for help. If you’d like to work on a goal, try this process:
- Set a goal.
- Make a plan, dividing your goal into manageable steps.
- Forget about the plan and focus on the next step. (This keeps you from getting overwhelmed.)
- Renew your mind whenever you can’t make yourself do the next step.
- Keep your eyes on the real goal (eternity with God) so you don’t get stressed out along the way. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
If you’d like help with this whole process, check out the following resources:
Blog posts and podcasts in the Goals and Productivity category.
New Year’s Resolution Bible Study Series
- New Year’s Resolution Bible Study
- New Year’s Resolution Worksheet
- Making a Plan
- For a summary of the rest of the posts in this series, click here.
- How to Renew Your Mind
- Bible Study: Working with God on Your Goal
- Bible Study: God’s View of Your Goal
- Bible Study: When God Doesn’t Change You Instantly
- Bible Study: Spiritual Warfare and Your Goal
- Renewing of the Mind Workshop: Week 1
- Renewing of the Mind Workshop: Week 2
- Renewing of the Mind Workshop: Week 3
- Renewing of the Mind Workshop: Week 4
- For a summary of the posts in this series, click here. (This series is tied in with the New Year’s study.)