If so, you may be a people pleaser.
In this podcast, we’ll talk about 6 different things you can do if you want to break the habit of people pleasing. We’ll also renew our minds with the people pleasing questions from I Deserve a Donut.
If you’d like to subscribe to the podcast or listen to it on iTunes, click here, and then click “View on iTunes.” (It may not be there right away as I am having technical difficulties, which also explains why I have two play buttons rather than one!)
People Pleasing Questions
- Why do you want to make this person happy?
- What will make him happy?
- Are you able to make that happen?
- Will that really make him happy? Explain.
- Are you:
- Interfering with what God wants to do in this person’s life by always trying to make him happy? Explain.
- Tempted to do something God doesn’t want you to do (or not do something God wants you to do) just so you can make this person happy? Explain.
- Remembering that only God can fill this person up and make him happy?
- Neglecting your responsibilities (as a parent, for example) just to avoid making this person mad?
- How do you think God wants you to handle this situation?
- Why do you think He wants you to handle it that way?
- What would you need to sacrifice, give up, or risk to do what God wants you to do?
- What will you gain if you do what God wants you to do?
- Is there anything you need to accept?
- What can you thank God for in this situation?
Question: Are you a people pleaser? Do you have any tips for us?