Do you ever struggle to read the Bible? Maybe you wake up in the morning, turn off the alarm, roll over, and think to yourself, Just five more minutes. Then you wake up again 30 minutes later and your Bible reading window has disappeared. You would love to create a Bible routine, but you can’t make it happen.
Or maybe you’re like I used to be twenty-five years ago. You feel like you should read the Bible, but you’re kind of bored with it. Or maybe you’re so busy you feel like you don’t have the time for it. Whatever the reason for not following through on your goal to create a Bible routine, the good news is that God can help you change.
On this episode of the Christian Habits Podcast, Brittany Ann from EquippingGodlyWomen.com talks about her book, Fall in Love with God’s Word: Practical Strategies for Busy Women, to help us create a Bible routine we can truly enjoy.
Brittany Ann is an author, speaker, and owner of the popular website EquippingGodlyWomen.com, where she challenges, encourages, and equips Christian women to be “all in” in faith and family. Her work has been featured on CBN, The Christian Post, Crosswalk, and more. If you’re someone who wants to make reading the Bible a priority, Brittany’s website can help you.
Things We Talked About on the Podcast
- Reasons why we don’t read the Bible more often
- How to change what we do so we actually want to read the Bible
- Different things you can do in your quiet times to make Bible reading more interesting
- How to find the best time of day to read your Bible
- How to create a Bible routine you can enjoy
- How spiritual attack affects a Bible reading habit
- Brittany Ann’s advice if you’d like to start a quiet time habit
- “I wanted to have a heart that wanted to read God’s word.” -Brittany Ann
- “We have a very loving Father God who has wonderful things for us.” -Brittany Ann
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast
- Fall in Love with God’s Word: Practical Strategies for Busy Women by Brittany Ann
- 21 Day Bible Reading Challenge on Brittany’s website
Connect with Brittany Ann:
How to Listen to the Podcast
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Google Play: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”