Do you ever feel like you’d like to start a new habit but you just can’t make yourself do it? In today’s episode of the Christian Habits Podcast, I interview Ian Warner, an expert on habit stacking. Ian created a habit tracking app. Interestingly enough, the number one positive habit that people want to build is reading the Bible each morning.
Ian Warner is a follower of Christ, Olympic athlete, NCAA all-American, and the author of two books. In the podcast, he gives a wealth of information and ideas on how to use habit stacking to start habits that are hard to start.
Here are a few of the things we discuss on the podcast:
- Tips for starting a quiet time habit.
- How to habit stack—adding the habits we want to start to the habits or activities we already have in place.
- The value of starting out small.
- Habit stacking during those difficult times of the days such as the 3:00 mid-afternoon slump.
- How to use rewards to get yourself to do new habits.
- Using times such as the morning “making-your-coffee” session to set yourself up for success.
Resources we talked about on the Podcast:
- Ian’s App – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wewake-morning-routine-habits/id1445178269
- Ian’s Book for Athletes – https://www.amazon.com/Endure-Athletes-Guide-Faith-Success/dp/0692232443/ref=sr_1_1?tag=habitstacker-20
- Ian’s Website – https://thehabitstacker.com/
- Ian’s Course – https://habitmastery.thinkific.com
- Freedom from Procrastination Bible Study
- I Deserve a Donut app