It’s easy to get caught up in our problems and think, my life is a wreck and it’s not going to change. Our eyes are on the problems and we begin to lose hope. When that happens to me, my best and often only hope is to get into the Word and see my problems from a biblical perspective.
Bible Study: Keeping the Faith in the Storms of Life
1. Read Mark 4:35-41. Why do you think Jesus was able to sleep through a wild storm like that?
2. Sometimes life can feel like a storm. Problems arise and threaten to capsize our boats. We worry. We stew. But nothing seems to help. Are you going through one of those situations right now? If so, describe it. If not, what’s your biggest trial right now?
3. The disciples were afraid their boat would capsize. What’s your worst fear with the situation you’re in?
4. If your fear comes true, do you think God will think it’s terrible? Why or why not?
5. Read Mark 4:38. Do you ever feel like God doesn’t care about your problem?
6. Why do you think Jesus didn’t calm the storm before the disciples had a chance to get really frightened and stressed out?
7. Read Mark 4:39. Could God instantly solve your problem like He did for the disciples?
8. Why do you think He hasn’t done that? (See also Hebrews 12:5-14.)
9. How is your trial affecting your relationship with God and others?
10. More often than not, our natural response to trials is to get all upset and worried. Or we’ll do something to get our minds off the trial – drown our sorrows in ice cream for example or waste a bunch of time on the Internet. What kinds of things are you doing to cope with your current trial?
14. Is this one of those situations where you can’t do anything and just need to trust in God, or do you think God wants you to do something you’re not currently doing? If it’s the latter, what do you think He wants you to do?
15. Read Daniel 3:17-18. Are you willing to worship God even if things don’t turn out the way you want them to turn out with this trial?
To download a printable study, click here: Keeping the Faith in the Storms of Life Bible Study