We all know that extra weight can affect our health, even if it’s just 20 pounds of extra weight. Today’s podcast guest, Angela Pryor, was prompted to lose weight because it was affecting her health. Her doctor told her that her lung condition would improve if she lost weight. So she gave it a try, once again. This time she was successful.
I’ve known Angie for many years through the Internet, so it was a delight to visit with her and hear about how God helped her to lose 80 pounds. In this podcast interview, Angie talks about the struggles and the victories she experienced while going to God for help with weight loss.
Angie used Bright Line Eating boundaries to lose her weight, and she also shares what she’s doing now for boundaries on the podcast. Here are a few of the things we talked about on the podcast.
Things We Talked About:
- What Angie did when she broke her boundaries, especially at the beginning of the program
- How having a goal to renew her mind changed the way Angie thought about food
- How meditating on Scripture helped Angie follow her boundaries
- What meditating on Scripture looks like on a practical level
- How often Angie renewed her mind then and now to follow her boundaries
- How God showed Angie his love during the journey
- How loving herself made a difference
- Angie’s advice to someone struggling with weight loss
Update: I forgot to ask Angie at the end of the podcast if the weight loss helped with her lungs so I asked for an update. Here’s the update in Angie’s words: “They said I have something called interstitial lung disease or pulmonary fibrosis – it rarely gets better in most patients, but mine got better with weight loss, exercise, and medicine. My lung capacity was at 60% now it’s about 90%. I was on oxygen tank for a while, but after the first 20 pounds of weight loss they took me off the oxygen. Now I’m doing so much better in my health overall. ”
“Only the Word of God sets free, not boundaries.” – Angie
“Meditation on God’s Word replaces those thoughts that come from the enemy.”– Angie
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
- Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin and Free by Susan Pierce Thompson PHD
- I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat): A Christian Weight Loss Resource by Barb Raveling
- Freedom from Emotional Eating by Barb Raveling
- The Renewing of the Mind Project by Barb Raveling
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”