Have you ever lost weight and then gained the last 5 or 10 pounds back? Or lost a bunch of weight and then stalled at the last 5 or 10 pounds? Join me in this victory and coaching interview with Anne as she talks about her weight loss victory and losing the last 10 pounds.
Anne is a nurse, wife, and mom to four kids who are ages 5 and under. Anne lost 40 pounds, then struggled with gaining back the last 5-10 pounds that she lost. We’ll talk about that struggle on the podcast.
Things we Talked About:
- How to follow your boundaries
- Anne’s biggest takeaway on what can help her get back on track to losing the last 10 pounds
- How Anne finds time to do Bible studies and renew her mind with four kids 5 and under
- Is setting food boundaries effective?
- How has the pandemic affected Anne’s eating habits?
- What would be a good reason to lose that last 10 pounds?
- What are the benefits of having self-control as opposed to just ignoring boundaries for a part of the day?
Once I start controlling the food, I have more time and space to connect with God because I’m not overcome with guilt and I’m not trying to live in secrecy. – Anne
Once I start making those little changes, other bigger changes that I want in life start to happen. – Anne
When I’m living in control, so many other things can happen because I’m not spending so much mental energy thinking, loving, and adoring the food. My mental energy goes to so many more worthwhile things. – Anne
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
- Perfect Portions
- Freedom from Emotional Eating by Barb Raveling
- I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat) by Barb Raveling
- I Deserve a Donut App
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- The Renewing of the Mind Project by Barb Raveling
- Taste for Truth: A 30 Day Weight Loss Bible Study by Barb Raveling
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Google Play: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Play.
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”