On today’s episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast, I visit with Joy, who is just getting started with the Freedom from Emotional Eating Bible Study and also with truth journaling for weight loss. Joy listened to the podcast for a year before she decided to jump in and start a Bible study and renewing.
Here are a few of the things we’ll be discussing on today’s episode of the podcast.
Things We Talked About:
- How to truth journal throughout the day.
- Stress eating
- Eating to make you feel better
- Why it’s better to truth journal more often
- The hurdles to truth journaling
- Effective motivations for truth journaling
- Secret eating
Lies We Talked About:
- I deserve this big portion because I haven’t eaten all day.
- I’m so stressed this will help me calm down.
- It’s been a hard day. This will make me feel better.
- I already dished it up so I might as well eat it all.
Resources We Talked About:
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- Renewing of the Mind Project
- Trim Healthy Mama
- Craig Groeschel sermon series on addiction (See the following links for those sermons.)
Virginia Duckworth says
Great podcast, Barb! It is so helpful when you use truth journaling in a practical application in an interview. Truth journaling is a real challenge for me but so effective. Also, Craig Groeschel is the pastor of Life Church where my friend offered a Renewing the Mind Project small group after I gave her a copy of the book. It’s a mega church down here! Anyway, thank you for helping me and so many with your resources. God bless!!
Barb Raveling says
Wow that’s interesting that Craig Groeschel is the pastor of your friend’s church! I haven’t listened to any of the sermons yet, but I need to! so glad you found the truth journaling example helpful, Denise. Hope you’re enjoying the new year!