Do you ever rebel against losing weight because you just can’t stand following the rules? Do you feel like other people want you to lose weight, and that kind of bugs you? Do you hate authority, especially when it comes to diets and weight loss boundaries? If so, this podcast will help! We’ll talk about what to do when you want to lose weight but hate following rules. (Scroll to the end of this post for other news.)
In this coaching interview, I visit with Trish about how to change your mindset towards rules and authority so you don’t really mind having weight loss boundaries and may even learn to love them.
Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss:
- Why it’s important to associate consequences with breaking weight loss boundaries
- Authority: Is it good or bad? What makes it good or bad?
- Why parents and significant others often want us to lose weight
- How to not let it bother us when people want us to lose weight
- How to change our attitude towards weight loss boundaries or rules
- How focusing on renewing our minds rather than following our boundaries can keep us from feeling like failures when we break our boundaries
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast:
What’s New In Other Areas
- Facebook Live: For the next 6 weeks (except for one week when I’ll be at a family reunion), I’ll be doing Facebook Lives on Thursdays at 2:00 EST at my author Facebook page. I’d love to have you join me! You may need to “like” my Facebook page to get the notifications or just hop over there at 2:00 EST on Thursdays. You can also catch the replays of these on my Facebook page if you can’t attend in person.
- Instagram and Facebook Posts: I’ve also begun adding some lies and truth, tips, and photos on both my author Instagram and Facebook accounts. Here are the accounts if you’d like to follow: Barb’s Instagram and Barb’s Facebook page.
- If you’d rather not receive emails for podcasts: I’m working on adding an option to allow you to unsubscribe from podcast notifications – will try to have that available in the next month or two!
- Podcast Break: I’ll be taking a two or three-month long podcast break beginning in mid-June so I can focus on finishing my procrastination Bible study and also having some fun hiking and camping this summer. I’ll have one more episode of the Christian Habits Podcast and then will be starting my break.
How to Listen to today’s Podcast: