See also: Taste for Truth Christian Weight Loss Podcast. Click here for more info! Click here to view on iTunes.
An interview with Karina, who is doing a renewing of the mind project on weight loss.
I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of coaching, so at the end of our online class for The Renewing of the Mind Project last month, I asked if anyone would be interested in a free coaching call and also be willing to tape the call for a possible podcast.
I’m so happy that Karina volunteered as I had a wonderful time visiting with her and I think our conversation will be helpful to anyone struggling with either weight loss or establishing a renewing of the mind habit.
I hope to play some other coaching sessions on podcasts down the road at some point. If anyone would be interested in a free coaching session, please let me know. It could be for any project–emotions, habits, goals, or weight loss.
Here are a few of the things we’ll be talking about on today’s podcast:
- How to develop a consistent renewing-of-the-mind habit.
- Lies we believe that keep us from renewing of our minds.
- How to use the starting a habit questions and Bible verses in The Renewing of the Mind Project to help establish a renewing of the mind habit.
- The thoughts that precede a binge.
- What to do if you can’t renew your mind right away after you break your boundaries.
- How to renew your mind if you’re using calories or Weight Watcher’s boundaries.
- How to renew your mind if you have young kids at home.
- Wanting a fun, problem-free life and how that interferes with weight loss.
Links to the renewing of the mind tools and resources we discussed on the podcast:
- Truth journaling – blog post
- How to Truth Journal – a video
- The Renewing of the Mind Project
- Podcast with my friend who lost 150 pounds.
- Taste for Truth: A 30 Day Weight Loss Bible Study
- Freedom from Emotional Eating Bible Study
- Gospel Treason, by Brad Bigney
- Lie-Truth Charts
Also wanted to let everyone know I’m having a few problems with my blog lately – hope to get that cleared up soon, and also working on a new blog design!
<enclosure url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/christianhabits/Weight_Loss_and_the_Renewing_of_the_Mind.mp3″ length=”28981849″ type=”audio/mpeg” />