Do you ever feel like weight loss is a battle? Not just a one and done but a back and forth lose/gain experience? On today’s podcast, I visit with Sandy about the ups and downs of weight loss. Here’s a sampling of the topics we’ll be discussing.
Topics we’ll be discussing:
- cheat days: are they worth it?
- fatigue and how that affect dieting
- sweets addiction
- vacation eating and how to stay the course while on vacation
- careless living after losing weight
- how God feels about us in the midst of a binge
- the importance of renewing
We also discuss the following lies:
- This is a special treat so I should eat it.
- We never get to do this so I should enjoy it.
- It won’t hurt. It’s only a little bit.
- I’ve already blown it. I might as well keep eating.
- I’m on vacation. I’ll get back on track when I get home.
- God doesn’t love me when I’m bingeing.
12/28/18 Update from Sandy:
I asked Sandy for an update to put on the blog and here’s the email she sent me: Though I have been struggling the last few months, I am not quitting. God is still working on me and I am making progress internally and I know the external will follow. When I start with the external/food plan, it isn’t sustainable for long because the root causes are not fixed. Through a number of things God brings my way, I am slowly working through the spiritual and emotional part of eating, which will yield more permanent results.
Thanks for the update, Sandy!
How to Listen to the Podcast:
Resources we Talked About on This Podcast:
- I Deserve a Donut weight loss app
- Taste for Truth: A 30 Day Weight Loss Bible Study
- Freedom from Emotional Eating: An 8 Week (40 Day) Bible Study
- Renewing of the Mind Project
- Diet Bets