Have you ever had something you knew God wanted you to do, but you didn’t feel like you could do it? Or maybe you could do it, but you didn’t want to do it?
I was having my own struggles with this the other day, so I decided to look into the Bible for help.
I got so much out of the story of Moses I thought I would write a Bible study on him. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
Bible Study: When God Asks You to Do the Impossible
1. Read Exodus 3:1-10. What does God want Moses to do in Exodus 3:10?
2. Why did God ask Moses to do that? (Exodus 3:7-9)
3. Think of your own ministry or difficult situation in life. What do you think God is asking you to do?
4. Why do you think He wants you to do it? Is it for your benefit, someone else’s benefit, or for both of you? Explain.
5. What does Moses say when God asks Him to do his ministry? (Exodus 3:11)
6. What have you saying to God about your own ministry or difficult situation in life? Be specific.
7. What does God say to Moses in Exodus 3:12?
8. What does God say to you about your own ministry or difficult situation in life?
9. What does Moses say to God in Exodus 4:10?
10. Do you ever say the same sorts of things to God about your own inability to do what God wants you to do in this ministry and/or trial? If so, what do you say? What are your weaknesses?
11. What does God say to Moses in Exodus 4:11-12?
12. What is God saying to you about your own ministry or difficult situation? Paraphrase God’s words in Exodus 4:11-12 for your situation.
13. Now go back to questions #6 and #10. Number each of your sentences and write the truth for each sentence. For more help on this question see the following posts: Truth Journaling or Truth Journaling: The List Method.
From a Montana Front Porch says
How funny it is to tell our Creator, the one who knows everything about our abilities and weakness’, that we can’t do something. Sometimes I just want to take ahold of myself and shake some sense into me! :) Thank you for this! :)
Wow, I love the way you put that. Made me convicted all over again!
Ngina Otiende says
“get ahold of myself and shake some sense into me”..i want to do this a lot of times too!
Thanks for your devotions. I am a MK living in Japan and I just started a blog in hopes that it can grow and grow and be an outreach to others in Christ.
Just checked out your blog – I liked it! I thought the bucket list with the pictures was a cool idea. A great way to get to know you. I also thought you were a great writer – although a little too great on the tooth story because it made me sick reading about it!
God will never throw more at you than you can handle. Always remember that :).
That is good to remember, isn’t it?
Absolutely awesome! You have a knack for explaining things.
I’ve been studying Moses for about a month now. I’ve read and re-read this stuff but you have a way of helping me apply it to my own situation. Great questions!
Thank you so very much! God bless.
I’m so glad it was helpful, TC.
Loren Pinilis says
I’m teaching on Gideon now and God asking us to do the impossible. This will be useful!
Great! I’m glad it will help. I looked at Gideon after one of your previous comments but haven’t had a chance to fully study him yet. I’m looking forward to it.