Shouldn’t managing our eating habits be simple? In our minds, we believe it should be, and yet – in daily life – so many of us find food and sugar addiction to be very complicated to overcome. Today on the Taste for Truth Podcast (links below), Tammy and I discuss different factors that contribute to our struggles with problem foods and overeating, and how renewing our minds helps us to break free once and for all.
What We Discussed on the Podcast
- How past trauma and currents stressors push us to cope with the pain through addictions
- How our identity and body image contribute to the binge cycle
- How we can reframe our thinking in regards to foods that we’ve given up, either for a time or for good
- Why any one way of eating alone is not the real answer to our food struggles
- How to apply the skills we’ve learned in overcoming other trials in our lives to our problem with food
- How to dismantle lifelong food strongholds
Another Resource to Help You Break Free from a Sugar Stronghold
- Katrina Sequenzia is a recovering sugar addict and podcaster. She has some great resources to help you break free from the control of sugar including this free resource: The Healthy Free Life Starter Kit.
Resources Discussed on the Podcast
- tammydove.com – Connect with Tammy and learn more about her life-coaching.
- When Hope Rises by Tammy Dove
- Who I Am in Christ by Neil Anderson – I Am statements
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- Taste for Truth
- Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating
- I Deserve a Donut App
Listen to the Podcast
- Google: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Podcasts.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”