Do you struggle with consistency in following your boundaries? Are you halfway through your weight loss journey and looking for help with the second half? Do you ever feel like you need to be skinny to be loved? Have you experienced chronic pain? These are just a few of the topics we discuss on today’s episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast. This is both a coaching interview and a victory interview.
Lexi is a young mom with four kids between the ages of 2 and 12. She lost 30 pounds with three meals a day boundaries. Then she switched over to Weight Watchers which helped to jumpstart her weight loss again. Before losing weight, Lexi struggled with chronic back pain. She is almost pain-free now.
Here are a few of the topics we discuss on the podcast:
- What Lexi did to lose 30 pounds with three meals a day boundaries
- How Lexi renewed her mind
- Why she answered the I Deserve a Donut questions in writing
- Lexi’s advice for others starting out – Be easy on yourself! Plus more tips
- How to work on losing weight without making an idol out of skinny
- Why it’s so hard to follow your boundaries when you experience chronic pain
- Lies that make you break your boundaries with chronic pain
- How weight loss can (sometimes) help with chronic pain
- Lies that contribute to the skinny idol
- How to determine a goal weight (and do you need one?)
- How you decide what your goal weight is
- The importance of renewing in writing
- How to know when you’re breaking a boundary with Weight Watchers
- How to use the activity and weekly points with Weight Watchers
Note: If you’re not interested in Weight Watchers, listen to the first half of the interview, then skip ahead to the last four minutes of the podcast once the WW discussion begins as that’s where Lexi gives her tips for weight loss.
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Going Gray by Anne Kreamer
- I Deserve a Donut
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- Taste for Truth Bible Study
How to Listen to the Podcast
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”