Do you ever get discouraged with your blog or ministry? Does it sometimes seem like a thankless pursuit? Lots of work and little reward? If so, I hope this Bible study will encourage you. When ministry is hard, it helps to get a biblical perspective.
Ministry Bible Study
1. Read Mark 10:17-22. How did Jesus respond to the potential disciple in verse 21 and what did He tell him?
2. Read Mark 10:32-34. What did Jesus tell his disciples in this passage?
3. Read Mark 10:42-45. What did Jesus tell His disciples in this passage?
4. Now back up and read Mark 10:35-37. Do you think James and John had the same view of ministry Jesus had? If not, how was it different?
5. Now think of your own ministry or blog. Do you ever feel like you shouldn’t have to serve? If so, why do you think you feel that way?
7. Think of your own ministry or blog. Are you ever tempted to make it about being great rather than about serving the ones you’re ministering to? If so, why do you think you do that? (Spend some time thinking about this – why do you want to be great?)
8. Read the following verses and record who you are and how God feels about you (if you have I Deserve a Donut these are in the insecurity section):
9. Are those verses true about you even if you’re not “successful” in ministry and/or life?
10. When you think of how much God loves you, how does it make you want to approach ministry?