I’d love to have you join if you’d like help with your to-do list or goal.
We’ll be using my book, The Renewing of the Mind Project, as a study guide to go to God for help with procrastination.
Here are three different ways you could approach the project:
- Make a 3-5 item to do list each day and focus on accomplishing your list each day.
- Choose a project you’ve been putting off forever, and make a commitment to work on it for a certain length of time each day.
- Work on making a schedule for the day (or half of the day) and following it.
Choose the option that works best for you and then we’ll work on going to God for help with it. In Romans 12:2 Paul tells us we’re transformed by the renewing of the mind. So what we’ll do is renew our minds whenever we can’t make ourselves work on our goals.
This is what I’ve done ever since I started writing 9 years ago because I wasn’t the sort of person who was good at getting things done back in those days. The only way I could make myself write was to go to God and renew my mind so that I actually wanted to write.
That’s what we’ll be doing with this renewing of the mind project: going to God and renewing our minds with Him so we’ll actually want to do those things on our to-do lists. We’ll talk about what that looks like on a practical level in the overcoming procrastination class.
If you’d like to join the class, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on this link and request to join the Renewing of the Mind Project Facebook group (look for this on the right near the top of the page). This is a closed group so your FB friends won’t be able to see your comments, but they will be able to see that you’re a member of the group.
- Get a copy of the book The Renewing of the Mind Project, available in paperback or Kindle.
- Get a journal or a notebook you can use to renew your mind in.
We’ll be starting the class on October 19th, and will spend the first half of that week getting organized, then start working on our projects toward the end of the first week. I’ll begin making official class posts on the 19th.
You don’t need to wait until then to get started though. Go ahead and join right now if you can as there are already people sharing some great info to help with overcoming procrastination. Would also love to have you share anything you’ve found helpful in overcoming procrastination! This will be a group effort as we all help each other with this goal.
Here are a few things you can expect from the class:
- 2 Periscope discussions week where I’ll give a talk on things that have helped me get things done and you’ll have a chance to comment, share tips, and/or ask questions. (Click here to find out more about Periscope. If you don’t have a smart phone, you’ll still be able to watch the Periscope broadcasts at katch.me/barbraveling and will be able to ask questions on the FB group after the scope.)
- 1 Facebook discussion each week, plus daily interaction on the group page
- opportunities to share practical tips with each other
- opportunities for accountability
I’m hoping this will be a fun class where we can learn from each other and encourage each other! If you have any questions, please comment below. Otherwise, I’ll look forward to seeing you on the Facebook group!