In the past I’ve had some weight loss interviews on the Christian Habits Podcast, but today I’m excited to announce a new podcast devoted solely to Christian weight loss: Taste for Truth Podcast. It will be filled with interviews and episodes with biblical encouragement for your weight loss journey.
How to Listen to the Taste for Truth Podcast
Your smart phone should already have a podcast app on it. You can go into the podcast app and do a search for the Taste for Truth Podcast or click on the links below when you’re on your phone. You can also click on these links when you’re on your computer and listen to them there.
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Google Play: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- You can also listen on Alexa by telling her to play the Taste for Truth Podcast.
Christian Weight Loss Bible Studies and Books
While the podcast will offer encouragement, camaraderie, and tips, it won’t replace the importance of going to God for help with weight loss. Here are some Bible studies you can use to dig into God’s Word and find truth that will set you free from the control of food:
Taste for Truth: A 30 Day Weight Loss Bible Study is focused on the lies that make us eat, body image, and the weight loss process. If you want to lose weight, I would probably start with this one and follow it up with Freedom from Emotional Eating. I wrote this Bible study to go along with the questions and Bible verses in I Deserve a Donut, and although you can do the study without I Deserve a Donut, it’s best if you have both books.
I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat) is a renewing of the mind resource to use in the midst of temptation and also to prepare yourself for temptation. I use it all the time, just for regular life. It is filled with 36 sets of questions and over 150 Bible verses that you can use to have conversations with God about life and food. The questions and Bible verses will help you renew your mind, taking off the lies that make you eat and putting on the truth that will set you free. It’s also available as an app.
Freedom from Emotional Eating: A Weight Loss Bible Study is more focused on emotional eating. Although there is material on boundaries and breaking free from the control of food, most of the book is devoted to learning how to let go of negative emotions. The comment I get most often with this book is that yes, it helped me with eating, but it helped me even more with letting go of my negative emotions.
Taste for Truth Weight Loss Podcast
Here’s a sampling of the types of episodes you’ll be listening to on the podcast:
- Coaching Interviews: I’ll be interviewing people who are in the heart of the struggle, going through the exact same things you’re going through. As you listen to us brainstorm about things they can change to grow a little closer to victory, hopefully you’ll hear a few things that will help you with your own journey!
- Victory Interviews: These will be interviews with people who are already experiencing success with weight loss and/or maintenance. As they share their tips and stories, you’ll be encouraged to keep on going when you feel like giving up!
- Author/Coach Interviews: I’ll also be interviewing authors and coaches who help people with weight loss and maintenance.
- Renewing of the Mind Episodes: I’ll use the questions and Bible verses in I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make You Eat) and The Renewing of the Mind Project to give you some opportunities to renew your mind while you listen to the podcast. These will be episodes you can listen to in the moment of temptation to help you go to God for help with weight loss or to prepare your mind for a temptation you expect to face later that day.