Most people have a hard time making themselves renew their minds in the beginning.
Once they’ve established the habit, though, they experience so much peace, joy, and growth that they look forward to it.
One woman said, “I feel like I’m entering into a whole new level of intimacy with God.” Another woman said, “I can feel Him pouring out truth as I write.”
If you’re having a hard time making yourself renew your mind, the first thing you might need to do is renew your mind about the renewing of your mind!
Here are some questions you can use when you don’t feel like renewing your mind.
7/31/2013 Update: I just posted 6 new sets of questions that will help you renew your mind. Click here for those questions.
Renewing of the Mind Questions
- Why do you want to develop a renewing-of-the-mind habit? Be specific.
- Why do you feel it’s not important to work on it today?
- Do you think God wants you to develop this habit? Why or why not?
- Who are you in His eyes and how does He feel about you? (Use the Insecurity Bible verses for ideas.)
- Do you think Satan wants you to develop this habit? Why or why not?
- If you want to develop this habit, will you eventually have to make the sacrifice to work on it?
- What will your life look like 6 months down the road if you persevere daily with this habit?
- What can you thank God for in this situation?
Question: If you have a regular renewing of the mind habit, what has it done for your walk with God?
Loren Pinilis says
One of the revelations I’ve had was to pray that God would teach me to pray. I imagine this is a similar situation. Rather than just assume that we will want to fill our life with wisdom, pray for that desire.
Yes, that’s a great first step. Thanks for suggesting it, Loren.
Dan Black on Leadership says
I make it a point in the morning to renew my mind and thoughts so I have a good day. Great post and questions.
Morning is a great time to do it – it starts your day out on the right foot. Thanks for contributing, Dan.
Karen Foster says
Renewing my mind each morning allows me to focus on the positive in my life which brings out gratitude and leads to joy. I find myself thanking God over and over for the blessings in my life.
Ndivhuwo rasivhaga says
Renewing one’s mind it start by practising good habbit and day by day the bad habbit will be leaving your mind.i like topi on renewing our mind because everything start from mind.if our mind set are righteous then our life Will be easy.
Barb Raveling says
I agree, life is much easier when our thoughts are lined up with God’s thoughts! Thanks for commenting!