An interview with Matt Rial
A recent survey of Christian men showed that 77% of Christian men age 18-30 view porn once a month and 36% view it on a daily basis. It’s a little more difficult to find out how many women struggle with porn, but in 2007, Nielsen/NetRatings found that approximately 13 million American women click on pornographic sites each month.
This is one of those habits that people hate to admit to because it’s kind of embarrassing. But if you look at the statistics above, you can feel safe in knowing you’re not the only one if this is something you struggle with!
My guest on today’s episode of the Christian Habits Podcast has struggled with a porn habit and broken free. Here are some of the topics we’ll be discussing on the podcast:
- How to break free from porn.
- A helpful Internet accountability and filtering tool (Covenant Eyes).
- Masturbation: is it a sin?
- How pornography and masturbation in single life affect marriage.
- Why there is hope if you struggle with an addiction to porn.
- How God can use the struggle for good in your life.
To listen and subscribe on iTunes: click here
- Matt’s Blog: wastelandkings.net
- Re:Generation Recovery (the program at Matt’s church)
- Celebrate Recovery
- Covenant Eyes (This is something you can set up on your phone and computer to help with accountability for pornography.)
- Barb’s Blog: How to Break a Habit
- The Renewing of the Mind Project
Here are some resources I found that we didn’t mention:
- Resources for Women Who Struggle with Porn (We didn’t discuss this one, but I found it when I was searching for statistics and it looked helpful.)
- A 12 Week Workbook Study for help with porn, lust, masturbation, or sex addiction from a biblical perspective
Here are some links to blog posts we mentioned on the podcast:
Here are a few of the Bible verses we discussed on the podcast:
I also want to thank Matt for doing the interview. If you’d like to get in touch with him, click here.