Do you find yourself overeating or drinking too much when you’re under stress? Do you have a tendency to people please? Do you eat for emotional reasons? If you struggle with any of these issues, you’ll find encouragement in today’s podcast episode. Please join us as Jana shares her journey to lose 82 pounds on Weight Watchers.
For years Jana used alcohol to numb her emotional pain. But after surrendering her life to God, her alcohol addiction rapidly left. Unfortunately, her habit of drinking away the pain morphed into binge eating. As her weight skyrocketed, she looked for a solution. She found Weight Watchers and began her weight-loss journey.
Jana has kept her weight off for six years now and shares some of the things that helped her along the way in this episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast..
Things We Talked About:
- How Jana broke free from binge drinking and alcoholism
- What Jana did when she gained the weight back to lose it again
- Alcoholism and emotional eating
- How Jana deals with stress and negative emotions now
- Lies Jana believed and the truths that changed her
- Is Jana still struggling to turn to food during stressful times?
- Does Jana still follow the Weight Watchers boundaries for maintenance?
- Jana’s advice to someone struggling with the same issues she struggled with.
I was impressed with the Holy Spirit saying, It’s not too late to try. – Jana
Believe that God has got this under control, no matter what it is. That’s where your comfort should be. – Jana
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
- Telling Yourself the Truth: Find Your Way Out of Depression, Anxiety, Fear, Anger, and Other Common Problems by Applying the Principles of Misbelief Therapy by William Backus and Marie Chapian
- I Deserve a Donut App
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”