Most of us would agree that in order to have a change in our eating habits, we must first have a change in our minds! Yet, even knowing this, many of us still struggle to make the commitment to renewing our minds on a regular basis. On today’s episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast (links below), I coach Tonya through identifying many of the lies that keep us from renewing.
What We Discussed on the Podcast
- Identifying possible stressors in our lives that would cause us to emotionally eat
- How sometimes it’s better to renew about emotions (or problems) we face in the day quickly to keep them from becoming really big emotions
- How to be proactive in truth journaling
- Why truth journaling is such a powerful tool for realignment
- The idea that making a goal that makes your life easier (like truth journaling) is a strategic way to approach change
- Some tips for having a really effective truth-journaling session (also found in Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating)
7 Lies That Keep Us from Renewing
- It’s not going to work.
- I don’t feel like doing it, so I shouldn’t do it.
- Truth journaling isn’t a fun way to relax, so I shouldn’t do it.
- It takes too long.
- If I do it, it will make me not want to eat. (And I want to eat.)
- I’m too bad to go before God.
- I’ve messed up so God doesn’t love me.
Resources Discussed on the Podcast
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- Taste for Truth
- Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating
- Rally Bible Study
- I Deserve a Donut App
- My YouTube Channel
- Letting Go of Emotional Eating with Karen Seager (the interview with one of Coach Sarah’s clients that I mentioned)
- Contact Information for Nutritional Coach, Sarah Truitt (Tonya’s health coach): Website: http://Arayahopehealth.com Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be taking the summer off from the Taste for Truth Podcast. I invite you to subscribe to my YouTube channel as I plan to put up some videos about emotional eating in the next few months. In addition, I also want to challenge you to make a renewing commitment for the summer… If you take a moment 2-3 times throughout your day to renew your mind whether by using one of the resources listed above, or simply by truth journaling, I have a very strong feeling that you will find it easier and easier to follow your food boundaries this summer!
Listen to the Podcast
- Google: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Podcasts.
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”
Leave a Reply