Do you ever set goals and fail to reach them? I used to do that all the time. The only goals I completed each year were my recreation goals! Over the years, though, I’ve learned some tips to help me be more successful with reaching goals. On today’s podcast, we’ll discuss ten tips about how to achieve your goals this year. I’ve asked my friend and fellow podcaster and writer, Dr. Melanie Wilson, to help me with this podcast as she is the master at completing goals!
Following are the tips we’ll discuss more fully on the podcast:
Tips to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Develop a routine.
- Make it easy.
- Make a plan for dealing with obstacles.
- Find ways to make it fun
- Keep your why in front of you.
- Let go of perfectionism.
- Be a good coach to yourself.
- Renew your mind when necessary.
- Gain support.
- Conquer procrastination.
Melanie Wilson is a Christian psychologist turned homeschool mother of six. She is also the author of a fascinating book called A Year of Living Productively. For one year, Melanie made a commitment to try a different productivity strategy, app, or program each week. In the book she shares how it went that week and what she liked and didn’t like about each of the productivity strategies.
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast
- Melanie’s routine kit
- Melanie’s book: A Year of Living Productively
- Melanie’s blog: homeschoolsanity.com
- Melanie’s podcast: The Homeschool Sanity Show
- Barb’s upcoming James Bible study
- Freedom from Procrastination
- Renewing of the Mind Project
- Barb’s decision making sheet (Click on the link, then scroll down to “Resources Mentioned in the Book.”)
- 45 Bible Verses for Procrastination
How to Listen to the Podcast
- To listen or subscribe on Google Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”