Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:03 — 22.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More
No one can deny that we’re living in an era of great change in the area of morals and faith. Young adults are leaving their faith in droves, or continuing to believe in God but choosing a different set of morals than they grew up with. As parents, it’s hard to watch that process. If you have a child who is making choices that cause you to worry, I invite you to listen to my conversation with Mary DeMuth on the Christian Habits Podcast today (links below). Mary’s new book, Love, Pray, Listen: Parenting Your Wayward Adult Children with Joy, will give welcome advice for parenting your adult children with joy.
What We Talked About on the Podcast
- How to keep from being emotionally distraught over the choices of your adult children
- Why it’s important to grieve when our kids take a different path than we would have liked for them to
- How the influence of culture – louder than ever, today, due to social media – is subverting the teaching of parents
- What is deconstruction and is it always harmful?
- How to use 1 Corinthians 13 to love your children well
- Apologizing to your adult children
- The importance of making your home a safe haven and how to make that happen
- Remembering that biblical love is the ability to tenderly care for your children when you disagree while still holding to biblical truth
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Love, Pray, Listen: Parenting Your Wayward Adult Children with Joy by Mary DeMuth
- A Year of Weekly Prayers for Your Adult Kids by Mary Demuth (This is a free resource.)
About Mary DeMuth
Mary DeMuth is an international speaker, a podcaster, and the author of over forty books, fiction and nonfiction, includingThe Day I Met Jesus. Through God’s healing, Mary has overcome a difficult past to become an authentic example of what it means to live a brand-new story. She loves to help others“re-story”their lives through the books she writes. Mary lives inTexas with her husband of 30 years and is Mom to three adult children. Learn more at marydemuth.com
Get Mary’s free ebook: A Year of Weekly Prayers for Your Adult Kids.
How to Listen to the Podcast
- To listen or subscribe on Google Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”
Lou Ann Myers says
Thank you so much for this podcast. We don’t have children, but as a pastor and wife we work with many who are going through these kinds of things. I have already forwarded the podcast and information to a very dear friend ❣️
Barb Raveling says
Thank you for forwarding it to your friend, Lou Ann! I hope she’ll find it helpful!
Thank you for this podcast. I will be checking out the book too but I wanted to let you know that I used truth journaling this morning in relation to my relationship with my 18 year old daughter and it was really helpful. Thank you for all of the tools you provide- now I’ve just got to get myself to do it about eating! :). One step closer!
Barb Raveling says
Oh I’m so glad the truth journaling was helpful, Carrie! I do think it really helps with relationships. And anytime you can make yourself truth journal will help you develop the habit so that’s good. :) Yes, one step closer!!