It can be hard to transition from parenting young kids or even teenagers to parenting adult children. That becomes even more difficult when our kids make choices that worry us. In today’s Christian Habits Podcast episode (links below), I visit with Mary DeMuth about her new book, Love, Pray, Listen: Parenting Your Wayward Adult Children with Joy. Mary gives us welcome advice for parenting our adult children with joy.
What We Talked About on the Podcast
- How to keep from being emotionally distraught over the choices of your adult children
- Why it’s important to grieve when our kids take a different path than we would have liked for them to
- How the influence of culture – louder than ever, today, due to social media – is subverting the teaching of parents
- What is deconstruction and is it always harmful?
- How to use 1 Corinthians 13 to love your children well
- Apologizing to your adult children
- The importance of making your home a safe haven and how to make that happen
- Remembering that biblical love is the ability to tenderly care for your children when you disagree while still holding to biblical truth
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Love, Pray, Listen: Parenting Your Wayward Adult Children with Joy by Mary DeMuth
- A Year of Weekly Prayers for Your Adult Kids by Mary Demuth (This is a free resource.)
About Mary DeMuth
Mary DeMuth is an international speaker, a podcaster, and the author of over forty books, fiction and nonfiction, includingThe Day I Met Jesus. Through God’s healing, Mary has overcome a difficult past to become an authentic example of what it means to live a brand-new story. She loves to help others“re-story”their lives through the books she writes. Mary lives inTexas with her husband of 30 years and is Mom to three adult children. Learn more at marydemuth.com
Get Mary’s free ebook: A Year of Weekly Prayers for Your Adult Kids.
How to Listen to the Podcast
- To listen or subscribe on Google Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”