Does the process of changing your lifestyle to lose weight seem overwhelming? You know that you need to develop healthier habits, but you lack the time and energy to devote to this life-change. Perhaps you’ve lost weight in the past, but it just doesn’t seem sustainable. If these are true for you, today’s episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast (links below) will be super encouraging. I speak with Charlene Dash, a nutrition coach, who learned how to overcome these obstacles little-by-little in her own journey to a healthy lifestyle.
Things We Discussed on the Podcast
- Developing habits that are small but progressive
- How Charlene’s approach is a blend of both intuitive eating and specific strategies
- Specific, small habits for a maintainable weight loss
- Three specific tips for building a growth mindset regarding health and fitness
- How to build your support team
- How to build a supportive community – ask people who have lost weight to share their story with you, find out what resources help and encourage them
- A few habits that Charlene still finds challenging and how she approaches them
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Charlene’s website: livewholehearted.com (This is her new web address – different than what she shared in the interview.)
- The online nutrition coaching program that Charlene used: precisionnutrition.com
- My interview with Charlene’s husband, Darryl: 8 Habits for Christian Growth
- Taste for Truth
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Google: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Podcasts.
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”