If you’ve ever experienced stress over your personal productivity, today’s episode of The Christian Habits Podcast with Jordan Raynor will really encourage you (links below). I talk with Jordan about his book, Redeeming Your Time: 7 Biblical Principles for being Purposeful, Present and Wildly Productive.
What We Discussed on the Podcast
- How this book’s advice differs from other “time management” books
- Having peace in Jesus regardless of your productivity
- How to centralize “open loops” with a commitment tracking system
- Learning to accept your “uni-presence”
- How good works are our worship in response to the gospel
- Ideas to minimize external and internal distractions
- How redeeming the time means that we are called to be very selective about what we say “yes” to
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Jordan’s book: Redeeming Your Time: 7 Biblical Principles for being Purposeful, Present and Wildly Productive.
- Jordan’s newest book: The Word Before Work: A Monday-Through-Friday Devotional to Help You Find Eternal Purpose in Your Daily Work
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Waves of Creativity: A Gathering of Ideas on Creating with God by Alan Arnold
Notable Quotes from Jordan’s Book
“Our work matters today because it is a means of glorifying God and loving our neighbors as ourselves. But our work also matters for eternity because God can use it to build his kingdom.”
“In today’s distracted world, being fully present is one of the most valuable presents you can give.”
“Which problem, once solved, is going to make most of my other problems easier to solve or disappear entirely?”
“Opportunities that aren’t attached to some meaningful end aren’t opportunities. They are simply possibilities that stir up frantic excitement.”
About Jordan Raynor
Bestselling author Jordan Raynor helps Christians respond to the radical, biblical truth that their work matters for eternity.
He does this through his books including the bestselling Redeeming Your Time: 7 Biblical Principles for Being Purposeful, Present, and Wildly Productive and The Word Before Work: A Monday-Through-Friday Devotional to Help You Find Eternal Purpose in Your Daily Work (WaterBrook; on sale 11/15/22), The Creator in You (children’s book), Mere Christians podcast, and weekly devotional (“The Word Before Work”)—content that has served millions of Christ-followers in every country on earth.
In addition to his writing, Jordan serves as the executive chairman of Threshold 360, a venture-backed tech startup which he previously ran as CEO following a string of successful ventures of his own. Jordan served in the White House under George W. Bush and has twice been selected as a Google Fellow.
How to Listen to the Podcast
- To listen or subscribe on Google Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
- To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”