Do you feel overwhelmed when trying to choose weight loss boundaries? Or do you fear that if you choose something as simple as “3 meals a day” for your boundaries, that you won’t lose weight? On this episode of the Taste for Truth Podcast, I go over how to lose weight on 3 meals a day.
How it Works
For this set of boundaries to be effective for weight loss, you would need to:
- Eat only 3 meals per day, plus one or two snacks (if needed).
- Not have second helpings, unless planned.
- Try to eat as little as possible to meet your needs at each meal (so we’re not talking one carrot stick and a leaf of lettuce, but a healthy amount of whatever you’re having for that meal).
How to Renew
As with any set of boundaries, it’s important to renew your mind when you break your boundaries. For the 3 Meals Per Day, boundaries, you would need to renew:
- Every time you have an extra meal or snack
- Every time you have an unplanned second helping
If you’re still not losing after a couple of weeks, consider adding a 3rd time to renew your mind: every time you find yourself eating as much as possible rather than as little as possible. (Don’t try this “as little as possible” idea, though, if you have anorexic tendencies.)
Truth journal or answer a set of questions from I Deserve a Donut or the Renewing of the Mind Project in writing every time you break your boundaries. Here are the examples of truth journaling that I mentioned on the podcast:
Here’s another truth journal entry from Sherri:
Sherri also created a great form that she uses to truth journal and record what God is teaching her. It looks like this:
You can download Sherri’s form below if you’d like to try using it for your own truth journaling.
Sherri’s Printable PDF for Truth Journaling
Download Sherri’s printable PDF for truth journaling: Printable PDF for Truth Journaling
I’ve also included a doc file in case you want to tweak the form to fit your own boundaries: Printable Doc File for Truth Journaling
If You Don’t Find Yourself Losing
- At the end of the day, think back to what you ate and count calories or points for a few days to see if you’re eating too much to lose weight.
- Consider giving up your problem foods altogether (sweets, for example) or limiting them in some way. I discuss several ways to limit them on the podcast.
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- I Deserve a Donut app
- I Deserve a Donut book
- Facebook Live on how to choose boundaries
- Losing the Last 10 Pounds with Anne podcast episode
- Schedule a Weight Loss Coaching Interview for the Podcast
How to Listen to the Podcast
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”