Do you find it challenging to maintain your weight after weight loss? Are you experiencing difficulty knowing what new boundaries to set for maintenance? Are you struggling with different lies than you did while losing weight? If you answered yes to any of these questions, today’s episode (links down below) with Michelle will be tremendously helpful!
Lies We Discussed on the Podcast
- I don’t need boundaries anymore!
- I’ll start again tomorrow.
- I shouldn’t have to track anymore now that I’ve reached my goal.
- I can relax my boundaries now.
Other Things We Discussed on the Podcast
- Different boundaries for losing and for maintaining
- Alternate ways to renew your mind if your regular method is getting boring
- Why it’s good to have multiple tools for mind renewal
- How the maintenance phase is like a “new trial”
- How to know if using the scale is helpful or harmful
Resources Mentioned on the Podcast
- Taste for Truth
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- I Deserve a Donut App
- The Renewing of the Mind Project
- “How to Truth Journal” blog post
- “How to Renew Your Mind” blog post
Check out Barb’s new bible study on the book of James! This study is great for individual study, one-to-one mentoring, and small groups. Anyone interested in spiritual growth through the word of God will benefit from this book! Available on Amazon here.
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Google: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Podcasts.
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”
Pam Wykoff says
I have the issue of judging myself for letting food having control over me. As a Christian I should have self control and not allow anything to control me.
Where is this addressed. It’s not about my size it’s about failing over and over.
Barb Raveling says
Hi Pam, The sad truth is that we all lack self-control in at least one area of our life. I do have some resources on failure eating. Here are a couple of links to posts. https://barbraveling.com/social-eating-failure-eating-and-overeating-with-becky/
https://barbraveling.com/weight-loss-bible-study-day-7-failure-eating/ – hope they help!